!@#%ing Netscape!!

triptig

I'm testing my asp.net site out in Netscape 4.5. As the page loads, everything looks fine, but when it finishes, all the text turns into square blocks. If I open the source, then go back to Netscape, everything will look fine. This happens on every machine that I've tried with Netscape. Has this happened to anyone? Of course, it works fine in I.E. Is there a limit to how much "code" Netscape can process? Any ideas would be appreciated.<BR><BR>ScottyI have tried some of my apps on Netscape and they all work fine...but i have only tried them on Netscape 6 and 7...so maybe you need to upgrade your Netscape..I can't ask our clients to upgrade their browser in order to use the site, plus asp.net is supposed to be compatible with all browsers. This seems like an application error in Netscape and I'm trying to find out if there are limits that I'm exceeding in my website that are causing this issue. Anyone?Netscape should be a four-letter word. Notice how something as simple as using style sheets to set the width of a textbox is ignored in Netscape. If you don't start developing your application with Netscape in mind, it's easy to get so deep in IE-only code and styles that there's no turning back. You have to write so much redundant code so your pages look half decent in Netscape and it's enough to drive a developer crazy. <BR><BR>As for not telling your users to upgrade... If your limiting factor is the users' browser, you should most definately have them upgrade (or better yet switch to IE). Most web developer problems would be solved if Netscape didn't exist, so Die Netscape!<BR><BR>Those who say IE is evil becasue it doesn't conform to the standards hasn't done their homework. IE conforms to the standards and goes above and beyond. How would you like it if technical innovations came from standards committees dictating what's next in browser technology? Aren't standards brought about by innovations instead? IE is superior to any standard available in every way. So when I have an application that looks bad on Netscape or doesn't function properly in Netscape, or when I don't have the time to write 2 or 3 versions of client-side script for the different browsers, I ask myself why Netscape is still accepted as a functional browser. I wish I could write it off as an outdated technology, but for some reason it is still out there.<BR><BR>Catch up with the times, Netscape (not to mention Opera and the others), and create a browser that works (and works logically)!<BR><BR>Disrespectfully,<BR>A Disgruntled Developer<BR><BR>