HTML / PHP - Textarea shows tabs / spaces from code

tiovoihy

For readability reasons , I have a code that looks like this :\[code\] <textarea cols="50" rows="5" id="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" name="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" /> <?php echo $export; ?> </textarea>\[/code\]I do not know how to represent / display \[code\]tabs\[/code\] here , but it is actually like so :\[code\][TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB]<textarea cols="50" rows="5" id="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" name="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" />[TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB]<?php echo $export; ?>[TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB]</textarea>\[/code\]or better yet with an image ( code editor ) :
bOVq4.jpg
The problem is , that those tabs appear in the Output like so :
L60Tq.jpg
and since those are DB entries, when I save , it actually CHANGES the entry (adds tabs and spaces )I know that when I change the code to a \[code\]one liner\[/code\]:\[code\]<textarea cols="50" rows="5" id="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" name="k99_brsa_settings[brsa_keep_settings_exp]" /><?php echo $export; ?></textarea>\[/code\](image from code editor below )
JRvrl.jpg
...there is no problem and no tabs / spaces .Is there any way to keep the tabs for readability AND eliminating those output tabs and spaces ? Does the \[code\]<textarea>\[/code\] TAGS always HAVE to end after the output without spaces