How to take database from Plesk and put it onto cPanel

johavoisuani

Hello I am trying to take my database from Plesk and put it onto cPanel. What is the easiest way possible I can do this. I have been stressing over hours trying to figure this out, I need the easiest possible way. Thanks. Export your database from PhpMyAdmin and upload it to cPanel PhpMyAdmin. I went into phpmyadmin, I exported it and I got a file which is a .sql and it has 0 bytes, can anyone explain why?

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Any help? Try exporting database from SSH
trace said:
.[./quote]
How do I export the database through SSH?

I also managed to make a full db dumb and put it in root in ftp, but it won't let me login via root on sftp or ftp, only ssh. make sure that you choose the database and all the tables while exporting through phpmyadmin. And it will works.

and you can restore it either through phpmyadmin if it is small or use bigdump script to do that.

For ssh

Open an SSH connection to your server and browse to the location where you wish to store the backed up database file. Run the following command to back up the database:

Code: mysqldump -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --default-character-set=utf8 DATABASE_NAME | gzip > NAME_OF_FILE.GZBe sure to substitute USERNAME and PASSWORD with the correct database username/password values. Also be sure to substitute DATABASE_NAME with your newly created database name and NAME_OF_FILE.GZ with the full name of the database backup GZ file.

Open an FTP connection to your server and browse to the location where this file is stored. Transfer it to your computer.

If you need you can hire me to . I can help you.