how to setup the DNS?

Johnnnyyy

Hello,
i have installed webmin.
i have added my domian and name servers.
but it is not work
this is my first time to use the webmin
bind dns server

what should i do? is there any other way that i can added my domaon correctly to the VPS with the name servers (ns1 and ns2) ?

thanks Your ns1 and ns2 name servers should be: ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.
If that is correct, then you need to edit your DNS settings with your domain registar. Hello DaringHost,
i have added the name servers ns1 and ns2 to the webmin
also i have forwarded my domain to these name servers, but still not work.

is the problem with webmin?
is there a better free control panel?
is there any other way to setup the domain and name server?

thanks for help. Remember that DNS changes could take a few hours, which is a real bitch if you don't know whether you did everything right. @ Doctor X- Where did you register your domain? Godaddy, namecheap, ect? Inside their control panel did you setup your nameservers?

@ Curahack + Doctor X - You need to wait if your testing it on a regular home connection. If you have mobile internet: iPhone, Driod, HTC, or some other kind of phone that has mobile internet then the DNS usually updates almost instantly. Can someone please guide me on these: I need a Domain Registrar that offers:

1- SRV Records Editing.
2- Stealth or Masked URL Forwarding.

I search and found that Godaddy and EasyDNS offer these, Anyone to confirm this ? Any other recommendations ?

2nd, If I change SRV records, Domain Registrars say that I will have to use their DNS nameservers. But I already have hosting service. Can I still use my own hosting service if DNS nameservers are of Domain Registrar ?