how to read user PMs

Grinderhand

Cokaric said:
I deleted that hack along time ago, I agree with u, but what to do if u suspect that user is spreading viruses on forum

Learn to read your log files, but don't spy on your users. That's an infamia.

mmmxiv

Use Cyb - Log Into User Account, also, you'll need a privacy policy, it's illegal if you snoop users PM's without them knowing you have the ability to.

dark_hunter

filez said:
Dam I would not join any of your sites....people have a right to expect Privacy. This topic has been discussed before in several diffrent titles. If I find your sites I will make a bogus account and spread the word about you reading their PMs and suggest they leave your forum.

It is childish to do what your doing checking for SPAM lmfao that is a joke and lie.

Grinderhand said:
Learn to read your log files, but don't spy on your users. That's an infamia.

mmmxiv said:
Use Cyb - Log Into User Account, also, you'll need a privacy policy, it's illegal if you snoop users PM's without them knowing you have the ability to.
Yea, I agree with you all, but when a user comes to your and tells you that someone PMed them something they find rude ect ect, then you can always ask to read what they said, and also read the person that is being rude, and they won't stay after all that. But like everyone said use this if you really need to.

ouch

Im in two minds to do this or not, trouble is i have a guy who agree's to sell game keys via a private paid for section within my site. And i have members telling me that he is contacting them via PM's and selling, thus avioding paying the site a small fee for doing so.
As im paying the hosting costs etc etc, i need to find out if this is true and take action if it is.

This makes this mod essential for my business and helps deal with fraud on this level. How can i check if my users are not breaking the agreed rules when they joined the site without using this ?

As long as i have control of it it should be safe right.............no-one else can steal or read info within private messages. Besides i hate comprimising my own standards by having to do this.................this mod is essential to responsible site owners.

Filez

If a member receives an unwanted pm have them forward it to you so you can deal with that person. You still get to see the pm and your not prying into others messages. This way you have both the reply and the original message and can ban the offender. Their is only 1 reason to have Admin log into other user and that is to check an account when a member is having certian issues with the forum. Other than that there is no reason for it and if your having so many problems with members spamming other members or getting rude messages..there is a feature that your members can use to block that person from sending them messages. I would say get fimilar with your vbulletin and use the tools they give and educate your members on them as well. This wil stop 99% of your problems..without having to sign into their accounts or have a mod to read there pm's.

StormRoBoT

filez said:
Dam I would not join any of your sites....people have a right to expect Privacy. This topic has been discussed before in several diffrent titles. If I find your sites I will make a bogus account and spread the word about you reading their PMs and suggest they leave your forum.

It is childish to do what your doing checking for SPAM lmfao that is a joke and lie.

what make u think hotmail,gmail,yahoo mail, or any email provider didnt read your maill?

i sen a crack for windows last time using gmail, the next day i got banned

so u think they didnt read what you sending?

then now go tell the whole world not to sign up with any email provider?

Cokaric

StormRoBoT said:
what make u think hotmail,gmail,yahoo mail, or any email provider didnt read your maill?

i sen a crack for windows last time using gmail, the next day i got banned

so u think they didnt read what you sending?

then now go tell the whole world not to sign up with any email provider?

aaaaaaaaaaaa

I`m scared man, aaaaaa, wtf they read my email, that is so bad, from now on I will use email provider 4 my host, fuck them all