How to Make My Website Better?

AndreaB

I work for a car dealer called Metropolis Auto. <br />
Since it is a car dealer, I am helping post cars for sale on the website under the "our inventory" tab.<br />
<br />
For me, I would like to make it look more organized and clean looking. However, I do not know how to achieve the look.<br />
<br />
Are there any templates around that I can use for that section to spruce it up for a cleaner, professional look, and easier navigation? Would an embedded web album of some sort work?<br />
<br />
Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated!<br />
<br />
www.metropolisauto.com<br />
Oh yes, and I am using Yahoo! Small Business<br />

JamesD

I liked it and there wasn't all that much I would change. You might want to do something with the white background. Maybe a watermark in the back. You might also want to consider making a logo.

CloudStrife

http//www.free-css-templates.com/ has some pretty good examples you can use as templates. i recommend using something with CSS because it becomes nice and uniform.

alternatively, companies like startlogic.com offer website builders like CM4ALL (cm4all.com) for free with hosting.

valuecom

Unfortunately you are using a fairly limited site creation tool.
I am sure the price for using this is quite inexpensive. Without having full access to the HTML and CSS you are limited to what the on line templates Yahoo provides.

The other issue you will encounter is the ability for you to be found in most search engines. Templated sites seldom allow you to manipulate keyword saturation effectively enough to achieve high rankings.

One thing you could do the make the page look better is to use a image editor to create borders on your images. This would break the page up a bit and make the individual images stand out clearer.

I have created a lot of local sites over the years and have found that there is nothing that works better than hand coded sites advertised on local business directories to get effective results in term of sales leads.

My site valuecom.com offers free listing to local businesses, feel free to list your business there.