how relevant is the domain in seo?

Murder-Ink

hi guys, i have both a .no and .com address, i currently use the .no and have .com forwarded to this. Essentially, I'm wondering if google will index the .com address as the .no since it is forwarded to it? Is this how it works? I've noticed that i get higher results in google.no than .com so since my audience is global should i consider switching the whole site to the .com, would this get better results? I hope this makes sense...thanks for any advice givenIf your site is new and you have not done enough work on that... better switch to .com as you have both .co and .com domains..webmindz24 wrote:also you can have another site hosted for your .no domainwebmindz24 wrote:Well....It will be better to switch .com if your visiotrs are global for better visibility and also it is preferred by users to...but you have to work hard to get better rank for this.....I agree, always try to get .com name first. Just sounds better and people remember it betterIf you want result in a specified region then go for .uk,.de,.no like that,for global it is better to switch to .com.it seems obvious now I've thought about it, global audience = .com, plus now i can optimize the .com and others specifically on the set region thing on the google webmaster tool....now i must be patient and wait for results thanks again for the advicered_mark wrote:.com is better to use most especially if your want to target your visitors globally. It is easier also to recognize by visitors because they are more familiar with .com instead of .noI guess you can do a 301 redirection of one domain which you donot want to keep to other one but dont host the same site on two different domains. They might get penalized by google.