How do you promote a business for a small cost?

gr8sk8rgold

I've started a small business where I can sell electronics online and off but the advertising costs are really making it difficult to get more customers in. I'm making maybe a couple hundred dollars a month but need more customers to meet and exceed the goals I've set. I post on Craigslist and on t.v. station classifieds on their websites which is how I've gotten to the couple hundred bucks a month, but I want to grow this into at least $3,000 - $5,000 monthly. Any suggestions? <br />

Adam_Nelson

Google or a competitor's version of Adwords. Especially if your electronics are more unique (I'd guess that computer, cpu, and HDTV and stuff are pricey.

DERRICKD

Have you tried listing with a marketing company
www.salesmedium.com
or netlist?
they specialize in increasing traffic/sales and they would be ablr to help
you I am sure of it

Kay

You should try submitting your business website to online business directories. It's free advertising for your company and will help increase your company's exposure! You could also try optimizing your website to become search-engine friendly. This way, your company site will rank higher on Google and more people will be able to find it.

Good luck,
Kayla

mark747

These are free;
Here are a few sites to help you
www.1on40.com/491310553 (they are still allowing me to submit sites for free with this)- Join the free affiliate program
www.addme.com
www.bidvertiser.com- use the free $20 dollar offer, do $5.00 a day for 4 days
www.hits2u.com/?581064
kijiji.com
www.t2000ultra.com/?rid=46975
adpost.com
salesspider.com
jayde.com
freewebsubmission.com
www.gumtree.com
backpage.com
This one costs money, but they are good, and your money goes a long way
www.engineseeker.com

Here is a good reference site that ranks all sites on the web by traffic volume
www.alexa.com

RyanH

Hey, I know exactly your problem, I faced it myself about 5 months ago. All of these guys are telling you about these paid traffic sources or google adwords, but in reality, there are much more cost effective ways to get your ads across.

1. Have at least 5 reviews written about your site (paid reviews on popular blogs)
- www.elance.com

2. Never purchase a traffic source any less then 50,000. Anything less is simply ineffective.

3. Sponsor a category for one of these sites. Your link will remain there forever and you get constant exposure.

4. Advertise on the online classified ads/newspapers.

Ryan H

www.vividwealth.com