How Do I write a good article to promote an affiliate product?

PaulaS

I am trying to make money online and seem to need a bit of help. I was told to write quality articles and submit them to help promote the product. I am not sure what "quality" means. Can someone help?<br />

"Quality" means educational. It means writing something that you'd want to read. It means writing an article that makes people want to find out more (and they can, from your affiliate product)

I think it would be better to create a website around your affiliate product, though, and put those articles onto your site. Then your site benefits from the new content. (An example of such a site is shown below - second.)

RyanH

Hey!

Well to be completely honest, writing articles is a way to generate traffic for your selected product, but with respect to the other options out there, its effectiveness are in question.

But, to answer your question, the only way to write a HIGH QUALITY article is to yourself qualify under these categories

1. Have personally tested the product

2. Are willing to talk about the good as well as the bad

3. Know enough about the product to describe what may serve well working with it (another traffic source)

4. Lastly, being able to connect on a personal level with the reader, rather then coming off as a salesman. Nobody wants to talk to someone who makes it obvious they are trying to sell you something. Be calm, and cool, and talk as you would, yet in a respectful tone. Connecting is th best way to lock in a customer with your selected product.

If you meet these standards in your writing, you will have yourself a quality article that promotes your desired product, but also builds confidence in the eyes of your viewers, which will make you look better in the future.

Ryan H.

www.vividwealth.com
10+ Proven Income Streams

DrX

Hi. In my opinion, the best way to truly write a good article to promote an affiliate product is to either have used that product, or to have done enough extensive research on that product that you know enough about it to be able to highlight it's features.

It also helps to be able to compare it to other similar affiliate products which are available, so knowledge of competing products also helps greatly!

I have heard a lot of people comment about writing articles and submitting them to directories - I cannot tell you how much I disagree with this practice. In theory submitting one article to a directory could generate hundreds of backlinks to your site - but guess what - YOU DON'T WANT THOSE LINKS! Think about it - the only links you get are from sites who are so lazy they don't even produce content - they just copy it from an article directory. Yea, you might get a few clicks per day of traffic, but there is better way to make your own, original content sell your products and services - and not sell adwords ads for article directories or other sites.

When you take the time to write original content like that, optimize it for search engines, and place it in YOUR OWN blog. What happens when you write articles and submit them is that the search engine sees the article site as the creator of the content - and not you. Your site gets a duplicate content penalty for posting content that originated somewhere else - even though you actually wrote it.

In the long run, I feel you will benefit the most from writing your own articles, and keeping them on your own blog. After a month of regular writing, you will have your own personal article directory full of unique content, which the search engines will love. Hope this helps.