how about management?

wxdqz

hello, many dedicated server provider mark their server as full- or semi- or self-managed dedicated server the more management service by them save more time for us but there are many different degree of the defined management in your opinion how do you define the full- or semi- or self-managed? thank you :lovewht:Self - DIY all the way. Depends on how much you know, and if you have the time to do it.Semi - They will monitor it (depends on whether they do notification for them, or will notify you aswell.. a different matter) and apply security patches, update as released etc.Full - They will do it all, all you have to do is ask them to do it. Be it modify the httpd config file, make a symbolic link, add some DNS zones - its done and dusted with an email.Full is often expensive,Semi is often worthwhile.DIY is often fun :)LOL, i'd agree that self can be fun, but only if it's not tied to a needed income server.Full - they are responsible for it all
Semi- they are semi responsible for it all
DIY - your responsible for it all ;-)hi,thx for your response i am wonder how the degree of "full" is for example i buy a full- management dedicated server for hosting and my customer want us help me install vbb.. etc about that,does it is include in full-mangement service? thank youNo, End client user support does not come with Server Management. You need to provide support for *your* clients.