Have you been hacked? Share with us

dark_hunter

I have been hacked while I was hosting my friends forum, they used 3.5.0 and it was hacked within 1 day.

So share your times you have been hacked.

CrapH

a forum i had for over a year was hacked through an exploit in the shoutbox, had to change a few things and write some htaccess rules, the hacker managed to create 25k admin accounts so had to restore user base from a backup.

i luckily had a small prog running on my server that notified me by email when any admin changes were made so i imanaged to stop any real damage within a few minutes of the first change, although had to take board offline for a few days to patch the holes.

the same hacker also attacked a froum i use a lot ~(nulled-scriptz)~ i emailed the owner of that site with the hackers name address and email details and home telephone number (amazing what you can find out about people using an ip address)

vb forum owners need to check all the scripts and mods they use to see if there are any exploits for them before installing

KrazyFire

(Hacked 2 times in phpbb)2005-2006 hacked Webspell and Phpbb 1 (2007-2009).... Thats all :D Ddosed 1 server for 12 hours was funny was a game server ^^ :p

Everlast

My church website got hacked close to ANZAC Day. Some Turkish Muslim did it, I never had access to the server so I never got to find out who. Not a vBulletin website though but it still got hacked.

moiz615

i have been hacked once when i started a forum at vb, defacement after that i have did 100's of defacements.

hughgrant

I have been hacked with some application that I have installed. Its something that it works for the purpose on the third party tools.