Feedback about PSM

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have been with PSM for more than 7+ mo. and they are great they will help you true dificult times and are a great extra person on your company.

It's like having a extra guy working for you (At a good price, what's the best)

Keep up the good joob and great prices. :)Thanks for the compliments :)Nice review, I have to agree with you their. PlatinumServerManagement is very helpful especially when it comes to the times you really really need your help, they are always their and always ready to help. Nice review man :)I have been using platinumservermanagement now I think it's been a year already and they have been 100% there for me and have gotten beyond my expectations. Anytime I've had an urgent problem it was resolved right away. Just last month I got a new server I had them do the setup and run their full hardening and it was done within 2 hours. :) They have one happy customer here for life.Another PSM advocate here.

Best company I've ever dealt with.i have used PSM in the past and have to say they are great,fast response and helpful. I was disapointed one time only when i ask them to upgrade kernel.Other than that everything is great.I will be their client again soon.PSM has done a great job on one of our servers, i don't think you can go wrong with them. Hope to many great recommendations doesn't get them too busy though ;) :DPSM has done a great job on one of our servers, i don't think you can go wrong with them. Hope to many great recommendations doesn't get them too busy though ;) :DYeah. They are doing great job for great price, and they are getting very good reviews everywhere.I hope they keep server number per tech ratio in manageable levels :DWe used to use PSM, and generally they were beyond our expectations, in terms of quality of service for price.Friendly, efficient staff, normally very good response times!Thanks again to everyone for their great reviews!

Yeah. They are doing great job for great price, and they are getting very good reviews everywhere.

I hope they keep server number per tech ratio in manageable levels :D

That is one of our top priorities, making sure that our techs are not overloaded. We are always looking to hire new qualified system admins to ensure this doesn't happen.We use PSM at the moment. I remember when I first started out a couple months ago I opened mt first ticket it was a simple ticket asking about PHP4/5 with cgi and it took over 6 hours for an reply. So I had my first douths about them but they turned about them to be great.Another PSM user here. Far exceeded our expectations!PSM is great! They accept PayPal too. If they got a better design, then maybe it would improve signups. A gray layout doesn't look good.PSM is great! They accept PayPal too. If they got a better design, then maybe it would improve signups. A gray layout doesn't look good.

Design is really nothing...

If a company has a fancy design, because of the way it looks won't improve the sign ups. If someone looking for a reputable company they are not going to look and compare them because of their design. If you was looking for hosting or a provider of some sort you wouldnt say "Nice design, its so nice Im just going to sign up and order now" without getting the dirt under the finger nail. Correct me if I'm wrong here people. PSM gets 2,100 new servers to manage a month. A month. I'm not too great in math but I will use my uber guessing skills and say thats about 200? I dont know, sign ups a day? What ever the exact number is, its sure pretty good. So 2,100 how much people within that number do you think cares about the design? They are more after a solid company who holds their own and does a fantastic job in what they do every day. I bet you they could care less about the looks, rather they are more after the top of the line service.

PSM design is great, I love their control panel. They are great. The people are awesome. So many words can't explain how great they are.Design is really nothing.......PSM design is great, I love their control panel. They are great. The people are awesome. So many words can't explain how great they are.while I agree that design does not say anything about the quality (and certainly not in the case of PSM) i have to disagree that their design is great, it sucks and i guess they even know it. It does not show like a good company, and before i choose them for their work i came across the site, and it did skip it just because it did have a lack of professionalism on the looks. Lucky i never took them off my list, and found good reviews about them, finally i choose them above much better 'looking' sites and i am very happy i did.Maybe i should also be happy they choose this strategy, it might attract the kind of customers they want :D those who value quality above a hot website :)Generally, we've been fairly happy.

However, tonight we asked to have a server upgraded to the latest version of php. Although the ticket was answered right away, apache and thus the server has been off-line ever since.
It's going on 2 hours now... :mad:

We've posted to the ticket twice, without a response
Starting to get angry calls now!!!!

:mad: :mad:Generally, we've been fairly happy.

However, tonight we asked to have a server upgraded to the latest version of php. Although the ticket was answered right away, apache and thus the server has been off-line ever since.
It's going on 2 hours now... :mad:

We've posted to the ticket twice, without a response
Starting to get angry calls now!!!!

:mad: :mad:

That ticket was never closed, and we have not stopped working on it, it has been worked on since we started and we will continue to work on it until we are done. There is a problem with the upgrade and it is taking longer than expected. This is not a matter to discuss on WHT, open a ticket with us and we'll discuss it directly with you. I am disappointed that after being a customer for 5 months and with 5 servers managed by us that at the VERY FIRST problem you run here and post a public complaint. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. We'll go ahead and finish this ticket and ask you to find another server management provider.

Btw, the ticket in question has already been resolved. Total time since you opened it and it has been completed 1 hour 53 minutes.wow...you sure are quick to boot a customer! :eek:wow...you sure are quick to boot a customer! :eek:

Well, he was quicker to make a public complaint.

We replied and started on his ticket in exactly 9 minutes. We did not stop working on it at all, not even for a minute. We were logged into the server the entire time. SSH logs can very easily prove this.

It took us about 1 1/2 hours to recompile apache/php and fix the startup problems. I do not think coming to WHT complaining about our service after a ticket is taking 1 1/2 hours of an issue being worked on is the appropriate thing to do, especially when he says he is happy with everything else, and without even "attempting" to contact us first directly regarding this issue. Was this something that was an imminent WHT worthy complaint? Was he serving the WHT public any good by telling everyone here it took us 1 1/2 hours to recompile and fix php? I hardly think so.

Public reputation is extraordinarly important. When someone makes a negative post solely because they are frustrated, I take that as a direct malicious insult to our company and service. We value each and every one of our 2,100+ customers, and anyone that will directly and malicious insult us for no good reason can not take time away from our other valued customers.wow...you sure are quick to boot a customer! :eek:

You gotta understand people really only post reviews when they are unhappy with service. Its a common factor. I dont think PSM did anything wrong here, he is only making sure everything here is correct because when people look into the service they read the reviews. Anything they can come across and no dobut they'd come across this thread and many others.

If you had your own company and someone posted a negetive review, wouldn't you yourself wanna figure out and strighten out this client so their is no misunderstanding? :) I think yes.I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. We'll go ahead and finish this ticket and ask you to find another server management provider.wow, are you kidding me?So, rather than responding with an intelligent answer and a reason for the problem, your first instinct is to boot us? :confused: - yeah, that's good customer servicewow...you sure are quick to boot a customer! :eek:no kiddingThat ticket was never closed, and we have not stopped working on it, it has been worked on since we started and we will continue to work on it until we are done. There is a problem with the upgrade and it is taking longer than expected.Btw, the ticket in question has already been resolved. Total time since you opened it and it has been completed 1 hour 53 minutes.Yes, it was never closed, but that's not the issue here.The issue was the server was DOWN the entire time. andWe replied to the ticket 3 times to ask for a status and to find out what's going on...How many replies did we get? NONEThis is not a matter to discuss on WHT, open a ticket with us and we'll discuss it directly with you.I had originally pm'd you directly first, because I didn't want to post publicly, but while I was sitting here stewing about not having a status report... I felt I had no other choice.Why should I open a NEW ticket? - when the existing ticket is not being answered.You only had to deal with us, with this issue, meanwhile we had to field numerous calls from clients.And what kind of answer do you think we supplied to our client?NOTHING.. because we couldn't even get one from you or your techsThe issue was the server was DOWN the entire time. and
We replied to the ticket 3 times to ask for a status and to find out what's going on...
How many replies did we get? NONE

Our focus and priority was working on the problem and getting it resolved. Checking the ticket and updating it and replying to it would've just wasted time and delayed it longer. It's not even like it was hours and hours and hours with no reply, it was 1 1/2 hours from start to finish, and you could've easily seen all the activity in SSH.

I had originally pm'd you directly first
We are not on WHT 24x7, so I don't know why you think you would get a response from us faster by WHT PM, than by opening a new emergency ticket to the support or feedback department so another employee could've seen it and replied.

But even if somehow you thought we were on WHT 24x7, you PM'd us at 8:54PM and made your post here at 9:02PM, did you really think 8 minutes is a sufficient amount of time for us to receive the PM, go to WHT and read the PM, check the ticket, and reply to the PM, all within 8 minutes??

because I didn't want to post publicly, but while I was sitting here stewing
Exactly my point. Your post was out pure frustrated malicious anger, and therefore completely inappropriate and uncalled for. You had absolutely nothing to gain by your post. These type of posts serve absolutely no value to WHT. You could not possibly have thought that your problem could've been fixed any better or any faster by giving us bad feedback on WHT, that just does not make any common sense at all. Your apache was down, your customers were yelling at you, you didn't get a reply in about 1 hour, and you figured why not give someone else a hard time, and that's exactly what you did. This is a waste of your time, our time, and our other valued customers time.

Why should I open a NEW ticket? - when the existing ticket is not being answered.
As stated in the ticket reply form page, tickets are locked to the tech working on it. So opening a new ticket would've been seen by someone else, instead of the existing ticket only being seen by the tech focusing on your issue.First off because you was not getting a response you felt the need to make a post publicly to express your anger?

wow, are you kidding me?
So, rather than responding with an intelligent answer and a reason for the problem, your first instinct is to boot us? :confused: - yeah, that's good customer service

You really have no room to talk, rather than being patience and waiting for a response on your ticket you made a public post to express your anger. -- yeah, your a great customer.

Yes, it was never closed, but that's not the issue here.
The issue was the server was DOWN the entire time. and
We replied to the ticket 3 times to ask for a status and to find out what's going on...
How many replies did we get? NONE
Your server being down could have not been PSM's issue and if that was the case you should have contacted your datacenter if PSM had not already to get your server rebooted. The only thing PSM can do is contact your daatcenter if you provided the details for them to do and have them restart it and then wait. You on the other hand, made it all on PSM to get your server back online and issues fixed. Bro, they managed tons of other servers you got to be patience and wait for a response. They get to your issue when they get to it, their techs are hard working and always resonable you just got to have the time to wait for a response. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/Guarantee.html">http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/Guarantee.html</a><!-- m -->

I had originally pm'd you directly first, because I didn't want to post publicly, but while I was sitting here stewing about not having a status report... I felt I had no other choice.
Why should I open a NEW ticket? - when the existing ticket is not being answered.

You only had to deal with us, with this issue, meanwhile we had to field numerous calls from clients.
And what kind of answer do you think we supplied to our client?
NOTHING.. because we couldn't even get one from you or your techs

Honestly, all you had to tell your clients was its being worked out. Most clients will understand your going through some issues. Who doesn't? You didn't have to make a public post at all, all you had to do was update the ticket once asking for an update if one not provided to you and then wait.

Like I said, the majority of the people out their only make a post about their service when they are unhappy. When they are happy, they rarley take the time to make a positive review. Rather than making an unpositive review to express their anger because their mad. Lesson well learned my friend.Exactly my point. Your post was out pure frustrated malicious anger, and therefore completely inappropriate and uncalled for. You had absolutely nothing to gain by your post. You could not possibly have thought that your problem could've been fixed any better or any faster by giving us bad feedback on WHT, that just does not make any common sense at all. Your apache was down, your customers were yelling at you, you didn't get a reply in about 1 hour, and you figured why not give someone else a hard time, and that's exactly what you did. This is a waste of your time, our time, and our other valued customers time.

WOW! Well said! I could have not said it better myself.You on the other hand, made it all on PSM to get your server back online and issues fixed.
Ofcourse it was on them. They were upgrading php and they caused the server(apache) to go off-line

Your server being down could have not been PSM's issue and if that was the case you should have contacted your datacenter if PSM had not already to get your server rebooted. The only thing PSM can do is contact your daatcenter if you provided the details for them to do and have them restart it and then wait.
Don't make posts about things you know nothing about.
The machine itself was online the entire time. Apache was DOWN, but for most clients, they may as well be the same thing.

As stated in the ticket reply form page, tickets are locked to the tech working on it. So opening a new ticket would've been seen by someone else, instead of the existing ticket only being seen by the tech focusing on your issue.
ok, so why didn't the tech just update the ticket to say, he was having issues ?
A recompile of php usually only takes about 15 minutes.
We waited patiently for 45 minutes, until we first replied to the ticketok, so why didn't the tech just update the ticket to say, he was having issues ?
As I said, the tech was focusing on getting the problem resolved A.S.A.P. Checking the ticket for updates, replying, discussing the issue, would have "only" delayed the issue. If it was something ongoing for hours and hours and hours, then an update would've been made throughout that time, but since the issue was started and completed all within 1 1/2 hours, I don't think it was worth it to delay a resolution, even by 1 minute, just to update the ticket saying "still working on it" which you already knew.

But the point of this discussion now is was it deserving to give us bad feedback here all because you didn't get an update within 1 hour? If you feel yes, then that's your opinion and you are entitled to your opinion. However, you did say yourself that you didn't want to, so I am inclined to feel that you too did not feel it was really appropriate:
I didn't want to post publicly
So you admitted yourself that you didn't want to give post this publicly, but yet you are now defending those very same actions. There's a contradiction there.... Anyway, as I explained how I feel, it was not the appropriate and professional thing to do, and I am also entitled to my opinion. I believe that any business owner would feel the same way, and while you are looking at it from a customer stand point since you are our customer, keep in mind that you are also a business owner yourself and you would not like the same thing done to yourself by one of your customers.

If the ticket took an exorbitant amount of time, or if it was ignored, or if it was put aside and delayed, or anything like that, then that would be a different story. However, that is not the case. We worked on it non-stop, from 9 minutes after you opened the ticket, until it was done 1 1/2 hours later, and within that very short period of time, you felt it was important and appropriate to tell the entire WHT world that we didn't update your ticket within 1 hour.I keep hearing good things about PSM. Good for them. It's quite unfortunate that they will only support cpanel server, not even Linux bare server. Very quite unfortunate :(Don't make posts about things you know nothing about.
The machine itself was online the entire time. Apache was DOWN, but for most clients, they may as well be the same thing.

I know nothing about? Excuse yourself here, you told me all the information I need to know.. which was why your making a public post because you are unhappy and have no other way of expressing your anger proffesionally...

Ofcourse it was on them. They were upgrading php and they caused the server(apache) to go off-line

Not to mention you said earlier you didn't know what to tell your clients...

You only had to deal with us, with this issue, meanwhile we had to field numerous calls from clients.
And what kind of answer do you think we supplied to our client?
NOTHING.. because we couldn't even get one from you or your techs

Why not tell them what you said knew was being done to the server..

ok, so why didn't the tech just update the ticket to say, he was having issues ?
A recompile of php usually only takes about 15 minutes.
We waited patiently for 45 minutes, until we first replied to the ticket

You could have just simply explained to your client that you was doing a recompile of php and will be finished shortly?

My point stands... other then the fact you have no other way of expressing your anger..

I had originally pm'd you directly first, because I didn't want to post publicly, but while I was sitting here stewing about not having a status report... I felt I had no other choice.

...why are you here complaning then?You shouldn't post to a forum until all of the facts are present, and you shouldn't publicly suggest dropping a customer. Both made mistakes; this was not a professional response or handling of the situation.you shouldn't publicly suggest dropping a customer
I was not the one who brought this public to begin with. The clustomer felt the immediate need to have his issue discussed in a public forum, and that was his decision. In response, we had to post our position and resolution on the matter. Otherwise, the customer would've just posted it anyway and then people would think we are trying to hide something which we aren't.

The bottom line is that the customer made a mistake to begin with, his post contained nothing that was worthy of discussing in public and served no benefit to him, us, or the readers here. He admitted himself it was mistake after the fact, yet continues to defend his actions, even though everyone else here says he was wrong too.

While he is looking at it from a customer standpoint, it is important to realize that he is also a business owner, and there is no business owner, including himself, that would like it if someone did to him what he did to us.You shouldn't post to a forum until all of the facts are present, and you shouldn't publicly suggest dropping a customer. Both made mistakes; this was not a professional response or handling of the situation.

You have to look at it as a business owner standpoint of view rather than a customers stand point of view. I feel the actions PSM took were right all the way. Think about it, lets say you have a reseller customer who tried to setup an account but some reason it didn't work. He is trying to configure a new domain on the account but doesn't know how. He openes a support ticket asking for the changes to be done. No response from support within a measly 1 hour he gets upset and posts his anger on a public forum not to mention a positive thread and trys to turn it around into a negeitive conversation. It ruins the reputation for thoese reading and interested in PSM and want to read feedback. His post was worthless. Time has been wasted.

As PSM said:

The bottom line is that the customer made a mistake to begin with, his post contained nothing that was worthy of discussing in public and served no benefit to him, us, or the readers here. He admitted himself it was mistake after the fact, yet continues to defend his actions, even though everyone else here says he was wrong too.

While he is looking at it from a customer standpoint, it is important to realize that he is also a business owner, and there is no business owner, including himself, that would like it if someone did to him what he did to us.

Pretty much all that needs to be said. The customer is wrong and only did look at it as his point of view rather than a business owner. Agreed PSM.This sounds like a timing issue and a staffing issue to me. This particular customer discovered a thread asking for feedback on PSM. He was in the middle of a tech support issue, had not heard back after updating his ticket twice. As customers start calling (which often happens when your site is down), he got frustrated. He offered a real life situation to the boards. Perhaps PSM is short on techs and did not have the cycles to respond to the ticket... this can happen when you have about 12 employees. If you have the experience and manpower problems can easily be identified and customers can be notified in a timely manner. Frankly, this is a problem that tons of small business deal with: growing pains and appropriate staffing levels.I'm still stunned by the suggestion that the customer find another hosting provider. If you want to succeed in business you need to keep a cool head under pressure.This sounds like a timing issue and a staffing issue to me. This particular customer discovered a thread asking for feedback on PSM. He was in the middle of a tech support issue, had not heard back after updating his ticket twice. As customers start calling (which often happens when your site is down), he got frustrated. He offered a real life situation to the boards.

Perhaps PSM is short on techs and did not have the cycles to respond to the ticket... this can happen when you have about 12 employees. If you have the experience and manpower problems can easily be identified and customers can be notified in a timely manner.

Frankly, this is a problem that tons of small business deal with: growing pains and appropriate staffing levels.

I'm still stunned by the suggestion that the customer find another hosting provider. If you want to succeed in business you need to keep a cool head under pressure.

You speculations are not correct. We are not having any staffing issues or lack of experience and have never exhibited any signs of such.

Please refrain from posting inaccurate speculations as facts about our company because you have no basis for such statements. You are not our customer and have never used our service.

As per WHT rules, you can not comment on a company's service without using that service yourself. By looking at your post count, I assume you are new to WHT so you may not be aware of this, but please refer to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php">http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php</a><!-- m -->
"You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services."

Again, you have no first hand experience with our service.

You cannot substantiate your speculation that we don't have enough employees or don't have enough experience just based on "1" person saying we didn't update "1" ticket within "1" hour. Therefore, your comments and speculations are not appropriate here and inaccurate.

Anyway, back to the issue, his ticket was actively being worked on the entire time, just no update was posted to the ticket within only 1 hour, I hardly consider that a sign of a staffing shortage or lack of experience.

Not to sound repetitive, but the crux of the issue is that he admitted himself that he should not have posted it publicly, so I don't know why you are defending his actions when he admits himself he was wrong.

You may not agree with our decision to ask him to find another provider, but that was our decision based on the information posted publicly which you know about AND also the private information between the customer and us which you do not know about. We stand by our decision and serious stance against letting customer's reckless actions out of frustration ruin our reputation for no valid reason at all and then still allow them to use our service. I do not know any company that would want a customer a like that, they may put up with it, but that's does not make a good customer-to-business relationship when you are only servicing a customer because you have to put up with them.This sounds like a timing issue and a staffing issue to me.

Because their was no update he assumed the ticket wasn't being worked on and he went out on ahead and made a negetive post because he didnt have another way to express himself? Thats lame and childish

This particular customer discovered a thread asking for feedback on PSM. He was in the middle of a tech support issue, had not heard back after updating his ticket twice. As customers start calling (which often happens when your site is down), he got frustrated. He offered a real life situation to the boards.

He got frustrated? I suppose your little saying should go to cyanide rather than PSM:

If you want to succeed in business you need to keep a cool head under pressure.

cyanide lost his cool head and made a post to express his anger, HE was under pressure, HE knew what was being done to the server, however HE said he didnt know what to tell his clients. Why didn't HE just tell his clients if he knew? After all I did question him on it and he didn't ever respond back. HE should have just told his clients what was going on to the server and would be back up shortly. HE couldn't keep his cool head.

Perhaps PSM is short on techs and did not have the cycles to respond to the ticket... this can happen when you have about 12 employees. If you have the experience and manpower problems can easily be identified and customers can be notified in a timely manner.
Perhaps you just have a little brain? Perhaps the wolrd just small? Perhaps global warning is not true? Perhaps my grass is greener on my side than yours? Perhaps I say perhaps too much? Do your research, PSM has an outstanding reputation here. I dobut they'd still be striving if they were short of any techs. Every time I submit a ticket I get a good response time from their techs, I'd say their doing just fine. :agree:

I'm still stunned by the suggestion that the customer find another hosting provider. If you want to succeed in business you need to keep a cool head under pressure.
You got to look at it as a company owner point of view rather than the customers end. Would you want your customers posting in forums saying negitive things about you because they get frustrated? I think not.

PSM is an great company, they are ran by a great person, their techs are great. They are hard workers and earned the spot to where they are today. They've been in business over 7 years I'm pretty sure they know what their doing.I have to say though as an outsider seeing both sides of the situation, I do understand the frustration and the anxious anticiaption of an update. However, 1 hour is NOT unreasonable not seeing a response as you see the ticket is being worked on and the tech is logged in. I could understand after 4-5 hours of no response but not 1 hour. Seems you were just very quick to judge - mistakes happen, sometimes in the heat of the moment one feels inclined to post here.Anyway, ServerManagement, any plans of supporting plesk?You know what, i feel that PSM did the right thing! I am a VERY happy customer and PSM has never let me down! They are prompt, efficient and very very very knowledgeable. I am happy to stand behind PSM, and i am also VERY proud to call myself one of the 2,100 servers that they service and support!IMHO, You did the right thing PSM.However, 1 hour is NOT unreasonable not seeing a response as you see the ticket is being worked on and the tech is logged in.
Well said, and exactly my point. If it was hours and hours and hours with no reply, then I'd understand. But just after 1 hour to start posting bad feedback? Definitely not the reasonable thing to do.

Anyway, ServerManagement, any plans of supporting plesk?
Sorry, not currently, but we are considering branching in to other panels in the future and plesk may be one of them due to it's popularity, we don't have any official eta as of yet though.

You know what, i feel that PSM did the right thing! I am a VERY happy customer and PSM has never let me down! They are prompt, efficient and very very very knowledgeable. I am happy to stand behind PSM, and i am also VERY proud to call myself one of the 2,100 servers that they service and support!

IMHO, You did the right thing PSM.
Thanks for the compliments and comments!Colored text and bold characters noted. :)I'm not commenting on PSM's service from an experiential view. I've never worked with the company or hosted with them. I'm merely commenting on the posts in this thread. I'm offering a suggestion to possible business reasons, and I'm reacting to posts directly from PSM in this thread. No need to shout...Arguing on the internet is silly. I'm just responding to statements made here and offering my opinion. Have a pleasant day.I keep hearing good things about PSM. Good for them. It's quite unfortunate that they will only support cpanel server, not even Linux bare server. Very quite unfortunate :(

That's the difference between them and some other server management companies. They stick with a small market, comparatively, so they can be the best at it.

Of course they could expand by getting more techs with other specialties and have each one do what they do best. ;)I also think PSM did the right thing during this thread. They had to avoid the speculation, and it wasn't that they couldn't necessarily avoid it - it was that they had to stress the point enough so it would get through to some on this thread, well being that the opinions stated were misleading due to the fact that they weren't clients or have any experience with their services. Good job PSM :)