Exchange Server Hosting

wxdqz

I am looking for a MS Exchange hosting provider. My budget is <$10/mo/account, prefering $5/6 however. It seems that noone likes 1and1 for web hosting, but what about exchange hosting. They seem to have some of the best prices. I only need 2 accounts. If anyone has any suggestions, and any experience that anyone has with any companies would be much apprecieated.If you are changing mind in a later time, you might want to try webmail.us, I have been using it and very happy with their active webmail development.We have been using Intermedia.NET for about 6 months now for hosted exchange. It has been absolutely bulletproof.

An added bonus for me is that their spam filtering is among the best I've ever seen. I have a separate "raw" email feed through Thunderbird and I see TONS of spam. Then I can check the same inbox through MS Outlook through Intermedia's exchange server and only the legitimate emails are displayed.

It is more than you said you want to pay - around $10 per month per email box (I think the minimum is 3 boxes for $29.95 or something). But they ONLY do exchange hosting and that tells me they must be serious about doing it right.

You can see some independent information on them here:

Intermedia Exchange Hosting Information (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehostingnews.com/xs-privatelabelexchangehosting.html">http://www.thehostingnews.com/xs-privat ... sting.html</a><!-- m -->)

One more thing - I just saw where HostMySite.com has recently started offering hosted exchange and they are usually pretty awesome at service and support:

HostMySite Hosted Exchange (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hostmysite.com/exchange/">http://www.hostmysite.com/exchange/</a><!-- m -->)

All I can say is good luck and keep looking for good hosted exchange because it is unreal cool if you get it set up right.How many accounts do you require?When dealing with Hosted Exchange make sure you ask these questions to your provider;

* Do you have redundant Active Directory servers
* Do you have redundant NLB SMTP servers
* Do you have redundant NLB'd POP/OWA/RPC front-end servers
* Do you have redundant Active/Passive back end servers
* Do you have a SAN, or are mailboxes stored on DAS?
* What kind of drives are in your SAN, SATA, SAS, or U320 SCSI?
* Do you have a redundant firewall protecting your servers?
* What kind of SLA do you provide if your mail is inaccessible for any 'X' amount of time?
* Backups? Do you take tape backups? What about restores? How much does it cost?

There are guys running around with 1 machine selling Hosted Exchange. Be wary.^ Agreed. Check with mailstreet.com and exchangemymail.com They have both had good reviews.How many accounts do you require? Just 2 accounts.. For two different domains though. I want the calendar and stuff like that linked together though.I just spoke with a sales support rep from exchangemymail.. I was very pleased with his assistance.. and he even told me of a 10% discount.. It's still a little more than I want to spend.. but they aren't looking bad.The cost to Microsoft alone is close to $5 for each mailbox. So in the $5 to $6 range won't exist.The cost to Microsoft alone is close to $5 for each mailbox. So in the $5 to $6 range won't exist. 1and1 $6.99/month.. thats close enough to 6, so there must be others that low.The cost to Microsoft alone is close to $5 for each mailbox. So in the $5 to $6 range won't exist.

Trust me, that # goes down with quantity, even under SPLA.Trust me, that # goes down with quantity, even under SPLA.

Well the true cost is like $4.25 but it doesn't go below that.You may try exchange.com.sg.Enom is now doing hosted exchange for resellers, around $8/month.

bhYeah, I have noticed, if you are an Enom reseller hosted exchange is now available. And of course, with quantity comes lower pricing.When I saw you asking for hosted mail exchange, I instantly though of 1&1. Yes - the hosting is pants, the support isn't fabulous. The phone queues have 20 mins wait on them. But maybe it's worth a try for $6.99/m to test it out?