Emailing a Form

liunx

Using HTML, is it possible to email a form where the email is the form itself, with all entered information intact?

I've created an HTML form that will reside on a person's computer. After entering any/all information, the person clicks a button and the information will be emailed - as an attachment - to the appropriate destination(s).

I'm looking for code that will, upon clicking the same button, email the form itself - with all information - to the appropriate destination(s)...not as an attachment, but as the message itself.<form action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="plain/text">

this will take care of it

cheers

Khalidwhat you'd really like is a script (you can probably get one from matts script archive or your hoster can provide one) that doesnt rely on the users mail program. that's what most people will use as it does it all in the background...jpmoriarty
get one from matts script archive

Please do not recommend Matt's scripts. Even Matt no longer recommends his scripts.
Security Focus put MSA FormMail attacks third in their list of the Top Attacks for the 1st Quarter of 2002 (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.securityfocus.com/corporate/research/top10attacks_q1_2002.shtml">http://www.securityfocus.com/corporate/ ... 2002.shtml</a><!-- m -->).ooops - i stand corrected then. Why is his page still there then? THat's a rhetorical one - dont give me a barrage of answers. I'll remember that in the future.To me its not recomended to use
<form action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="plain/text">

comand to email a form, not that its not secure, sometime it will generate the code in differnet format thats unreadable to email.

i really recommend use of cgi
its more secure and understandable reading of the form information.leonheart
sometime it will generate the code in differnet format thats unreadable to email

It really doesn't generate any code at all. It relies on the user's own e-mail client to compose and send the form data.

leonheart
i really recommend use of cgi
its more secure and understandable reading of the form information

CGI is the better choice, but is not necessarily more secure. It is only more secure if the form data you submit and the e-mails you send are encrypted.