Dynamic URL's

liunx

Hi,<br /><br />Ive read in a few places that dynamic URL's are not search engine friendly and may prevent bots from indexing your site. Im running an ecommerce <a href="http://www.fantasticals.co.uk" target="_blank">site</a> based on the zencart template, paid add ons to convert urls to html are available i was just wondering whether anyone had a view on whether this would be worth spending money on ?<br /><br /><!--content-->
From what I've read, dynamic file extensions like php are indexed just fine by Google. The trouble starts with gibberish URLs, so if you can change that then I would recommend doing so. However, regardless of your URL or file extension, if your page isn't optimized or the search term is too competitive, I don't think you'll see much difference.<!--content-->
Thanks for the advice, im getting indexed just fine so ill concentrate on SEO for now and look at the urls at a later date.<!--content-->
Dynamic URLs are fine, just harder to optimise so you have to try and have them represent what you want in what they do.<!--content-->