Did you know the real reason for Obama's candidacy is to keep daughters safe from suitors?

Isabella

While I think some supervision is okay, he should teach his daughters to judge right from wrong and make right decisions on their own, and not be overprotective and controlling. I had friends with those overcontrolling parents and their lives were totally messed up and they ended doing jobs they hated just to please their dads, until some of them had the courage to stand for themselves. <br />
<br />
Is he going to protect us all in the same way? I honestly do not think he would make a good president. Read the article below (link that article also included to check for yourself). <br />
<br />
http//au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/4961093/obama-threatens-to-turn-secret-service-on-daughters-suitors<br />
<br />
Obama threatens to turn Secret Service on daughters' suitors<br />
<br />
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin (AFP) - Barack Obama came clean Sunday on his true motivation behind running for president -- to keep his daughters safe from undesirable suitors.<br />
<br />
"The real reason is Secret Service protection for my two girls as they enter into their teenaged years," the Democrat said, joking with voters at a barbecue here in a woodland setting beside a lake."Whatever young guy comes by for a date, we're going to have one of these mean-looking guys who don't crack a smile. They're armed. They're dangerous," he said, pointing to the dark-suited agents monitoring the good-natured crowd.<br />
<br />
Obama offered Secret Service vetting to a local man, so that he could investigate the background of his daughter's fiance ahead of their wedding Monday.<br />
<br />
The Illinois senator has two daughters, Malia, 10, and Sasha, who is seven. The girls will join their mother Michelle Obama at the Democratic nominating convention in Denver from Monday<br />
<br />
Well, anything is possible in the country, and as on many occasions in the past, mysterious ideas motivated people into offices, inventions, etc.<br />
<br />
What would you say if this was the truth? And as far as controlling his daughters, I am serious; he said before that babies are punishment.<br />
I don't believe everything I read, but then I am not the one saying silly "jokes" to reporters that are spread around the world (I got a link to that article from a friend in the UK and they took him more serious that some of you).<br />
<br />
And I have never been Obama supporter, and would prefer not to hear his pesky speeches and silly things said to reporters for the next four years....<br />

I wonder when Obama thought his daughters were viable fetuses. No secrete service men for the live born babies Obama wants killed.

LouG

Wow. Look, sport, I'm voting McCain and have many valid reasons for doing so.

That said, what's wrong with you?

Did the phrase, "JOKING WITH VOTERS" just elude you?

To be honest with you, the fact that he said what he said makes me like the guy. Not voting for him, but I like some things about him...like this.

Nice try.

lunar26

That's funny, my husband would probably want the secret service protecting our daughter also. Any good father would if you think about it. Obviously he was joking and you're an idiot if you take it seriously!

ToddN

"Did you know the real reason for Obama's candidacy is to keep daughters safe from suitors?"

If they grow up to look -anything- like Michelle, he has -nothing- to worry about as there will be no "suitors".^

NildaM

do you really think obama is good? i think he sucks and hope mccain beats him!! if you disagree you should go vote for obama on this site..