Database build process management

m3ng97

What options exists to manage database scripts and do a new development for database:For example, the database used by a number of applications and there are a number of developers working with database, what will be the best options to maintain database up to date with the last changes and what should be the process of deployment changes to productionI see two options:[*]Microsoft visual studio has a database project, so all databasescripts should be add in the project and database can be rebuildfrom visual studio[*]Restore database from backup and apply only new scripts to databaseWhat another options exists? How can I manage database development, what is the best practices? what will be advantages and disadvantages of options I write above? How to maintain new sql scripts?I understand then source control system should be used, but with DB scripts it's not so easy as with application.I believe it will be no universal solution, but at least I am interesting in DB developers opinion how it's implemented in your company.