"Check to Compare"-type funcationality

liunx

I am having trouble finding what I want here. This may be much simpler than I am making it but here it is...

I am developing an order form (process) on our Intranet. I am using primarly perl to do all the work and display the HTML. Only a couple people with complete these orders. Right now, each order is completed, updated and then the "completer" is returned to the list of incomplete orders. Depending on the number of incomplete orders, this can take quite some time as it must requery for all incompletes.

I want to change it so the "completer" can check a box for each order (to mark the order as complete) and then submit the request. At that time, all orders that have been marked as complete will be updated.

I realize some server-side scripting will need to be done. But, right now I just need help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!Associate each order with a checkbox and cycle through the checkboxes when the form is posted. Since you're doing Perl you don't have much in the way of session support so make the value of the checkbox the key for the order.