Charcoal [3.6.x][kaB00M]

kaB00M

kab00myy0.gif

This skin is from vBulletin.org - Free section!

HTML:
Hello, all!

This is a clean and straightforward near-black and charcoal colored theme. I made the effort to recolor the editor buttons and get rid of the ugly beveled fieldsets and border around the editor. Just thought I'd mention that, as I've found many dark themes neglect these areas. It might not be a big deal to some, but I'm picky as hell. lol

The attached screenshots of the theme are shown at a fixed width of 800 pixels. However, I've designed the skin to honor the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" field in the theme's Style Manager. It will work fine at both fixed and fluid widths.

Included are PSDs for the generic logo and buttons.

Installation and Editing Instructions:

Extract the contents of the charcoal-theme.zip file.

Upload the folder named "charcoal" which contains the theme's images to your forum's images directory on your web server.

Go to the "Download/Upload Style" section of your Admin Control Panel. Under the "Import Style XML File" section, browse for and import the charcoal-style.xml file. You may leave the other options at their defaults.

To change the links at the top, merely edit the code in the header template. I've commented the code to be edited. Likewise, where you see "You can put an ad, image, etc. here" just below the links code, you can edit it to insert images, ads, etc. or remove it all together (be sure to leave the containing div intact, however).

Per above, you can change your forum's width by editing the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" field in the theme's Style Manager. Both fixed and fluid widths will work.

I hope you enjoy it and, if you do, remember to click "Mark as Installed"!