Can anyone access the website roswellfanatics.net as of right now? i keep getting a DNS error and ne

freakyxgoth

the message reads Windows cannot find the host name "roswellfanatics.net" using DNS<br />
The Domain Name Server may be down<br />
Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically<br />
Contact your Internet service provider or network administrator for help or click here fore information about things you can try to help resolve the problem<br />

Nope, name resolution is broke, I did a name lookup on both their name servers, see below. When name resolution is broke, the site is as good as down.

C>nslookup roswellfanatics.net NS1.WEBMEDIAENT1.INFO
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Can't find server name for address 209.85.102.113 Timed out
Server UnKnown
Address 209.85.102.113

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

C>nslookup roswellfanatics.net NS2.WEBMEDIAENT1.INFO
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Can't find server name for address 209.85.102.114 Timed out
Server UnKnown
Address 209.85.102.114

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

Krissew

omg....thank you for posting this question. I thought it had only been my computer!
Does anyone have an idea of how soon the site will be up and running though?

RoswellGirl

Same problem here.
I sent an email to a contact address i found asking if they could come here and give us more info, So hopefully someone involved in the site can provide some answers as to what is happening.

Behrsgirl

Hey, guys,

I had the same problem and I talked with a friend who is actually a mod at fanatics and from what she said, apparently the server the site was on went down big time and now the company that hosted it is trying to work as fast as they can to house fanatics on another server... Problem is fanatics isn't the only one that they housed so that might take some time... how long it will take, that's anyone's guess, but just know that they are working on it and doing the best they can, at least that's what I have been told... I'll make sure to give you more news as soon as I know something of course... this really sucks (