Can anybody help me for installing VB 3.8

fusion

Hi there,
I am a new user of VB.
I am facing some problem installing Vb.
the fact is database.

in the third step i got stuck due to database error.

please advice me.

erditv

screencapture1sg5.png

1. Unpack!
2. Read vb3_liesmich.txt
3. Run gysn-kg.php????
4. Enjoy!

was soll ich jetzt machen

theboy

Check your sql server setting match in the config.php file with the server you set up in your websites control panel

j0nty07

You may want to remove the images of the screenshots, as there is an indication as to where your site is being hosted.

In addition, it is not too difficult for someone to remove the paint spatter, in order to see the full web address. My advice, would be to cut the web address and any other indicators of the site, from the image all together, thus leaving a screen shot of the error only.

fusion

I am having problem with the database...
i have created the SQL database but having problem to modify the config.php file.

can any one show me in details how & where to put the DB name, user name & password???

this will be a great help...

j0nty07 said:
You may want to remove the images of the screenshots, as there is an indication as to where your site is being hosted.

In addition, it is not too difficult for someone to remove the paint spatter, in order to see the full web address. My advice, would be to cut the web address and any other indicators of the site, from the image all together, thus leaving a screen shot of the error only.

Well my screen shot is Ok i think...

nexia

you start in the bad side if you want to install a nulled/illegal version of a script and you have purely no idea how to deal with anything... you'll need some tutorials on how to setup your database and editing files, or i suggest you go to phpBB if you just want something free and easy to configure...

btw, the OFFICIAL HOW-TO is available even if you are not member... vBulletin Manual

j0nty07

In the Includes folder and find the file config.php.new, then edit it with your own details. I have highlighted the basics in blue for you.

Once you have completed these basic edits, remember to save the file as config.php and put it back into the Includes folder. It needs to be renamed config.php so that it can be read when setting up the database, and continued to be read once you have set everything up.

I am assuming you are using msql as your database type. If not, then I suggest you change the database type to indicate the type of database you are using.

Code:
 //    ****** DATABASE TYPE ******
    //    This is the type of the database server on which your vBulletin database will be located.
    //    Valid options are mysql and mysqli, for slave support add _slave.  Try to use mysqli if you are using PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1+
    // for slave options just append _slave to your preferred database type.
$config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

//    ****** DATABASE NAME ******
    //    This is the name of the database where your vBulletin will be located.
    //    This must be created by your webhost.
$config['Database']['dbname'] = '[color=RoyalBlue]Your Database Name goes here[/color]';

//    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
    //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
    //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
$config['Database']['technicalemail'] = '[color=RoyalBlue]Your email address can go here[/color]';

//    ****** MASTER DATABASE SERVER NAME AND PORT ******
    //    This is the hostname or IP address and port of the database server.
    //    If you are unsure of what to put here, leave the default values.
$config['MasterServer']['servername'] = '[color=RoyalBlue]Your server/host name goes here[/color]';
$config['MasterServer']['port'] = 3306;

//    ****** MASTER DATABASE USERNAME & PASSWORD ******
    //    This is the username and password you use to access MySQL.
    //    These must be obtained through your webhost.
$config['MasterServer']['username'] = '[color=RoyalBlue]Your database username goes here[/color]';
$config['MasterServer']['password'] = '[color=RoyalBlue]Your database password goes here[/color]';

With regard to the other parts in the config.php file, as nexia has mentioned, read up on the vb manual to find out how those other parts work and what they are for. Most of the other parts can be edited once you have your board up and running.

Hope this helps.

Ps. It may be an idea to remove the image in your quoted message.
icon12.gif
as this may help the other fella, if it isn't too late.