Button which is not runat server triggers all validators on the page

Loorryilder

Firstly before we go anywhere please don't worry about javascript in your answer. Client side validation is working as expected and I have turned off javascript in my browser to focus on testing server side validation. OK!I have a webforms user control which has input fields and validators. But due to the specific HTML and CSS design I have been given, I can't use an <asp:Button> control it is necessary for me to use a html <button type="submit"> to submit the form. This is Not the same as <asp:Button> which renders as <input type="submit">I have tested my html <button> tags in all the browsers I need to support and they are working. In my Page_Load I can determine which button has been clicked and trigger the correct validation group, and then if validation passes, run the right method.Unfortunately when I click a button, all the validators in all the user controls in all the validation groups get triggered server-side! I was expecting none of the validators to be triggered so that I can use Page.Validate server-side. Has anyone seen this behaviour? Is there a known solution?Thanks :)