button click shows next picture from database in android

Gasper

So I have been scratching my head and trying to figure out how to do it. TO give some more info:I have a gridview with a bunch of pictures taken from a database. When someone clicks a picture, a new activity starts and there is an imageview that shows that same picture that was clicked. The above I have already coded except for the button that can change the imageview.Now I would like to implement a button that basically shows the next picture from the database (or the next picture to the right from the gridview). I am looking for a button that when pressed, will switch the imageview to display a different image from my database.I have tried to use imageswitcher, viewswitcher, and some other things but to no avail.I have a function called "GetPic" that takes the path of the pic (from drawable) clicked so it can show it in the imageview in the new activity.if any other info is needed, i'll gladly share it. thanks!EDIT: getpic is my function that grabs the drawble path from the database. If I put (GetPic(activity_here.pos)) activity_here.pos will give GetPic the position from the gridview (which picture was selected) and then GetPic spits out the path the the picture selected so it can be shown in the imageviewif I do (GetPic(activity_here.pos+1)) this will show the next picture (which is what I want) just if I make the button simply add one to the position, I have to turn my imageview in to "final" so I can only get the next picture once(i don't want), not until I have run out of pictures to show(i want).