Blog-Like Homepage

MobileHacks

Brought To You By
ProvB - Professional vBulletin Solutions

Blog-Like Homepage
A an easy-to-use portal that displays your homepage in a Blog-Like format, with featured posts to the left and a sidebar with categories & recent posts.

Demo
Installation

• Step 1: Install the product
  • Step 2: Upload the files
  • Step 3: Configure options & Enjoy!
Useful Links
Premium Version - Coming Soon
ProvB Index - A Premium Homepage Solution

TheProphet

Not saying Thank You... but asking howto
Read the file included m8

1. Import the product
2. Upload the files in the upload folder.
3. Configure your options & Enjoy!

Optional Steps
If you'd like this to overwrite your existing homepage, rename index.php to forums.php, and rename blhome.php to index.php before uploading. You can then decide to add a link to your forum page itself on your navbar if you'd like.

The same thing goes if you'd like to keep this page separate and using the default name, just include a link somewhere to blhome.php (you may rename the file itself if you'd like)

t3hp1t

Thanks for this but I think what he was asking is how to configure it once you upload and install it? I dont see any options in the VB Cpanel ... But Im pretty new to this so if you could give me some tips that would be great. Thanks again

newperson2008

To customize goto your admin cp and goto vBulletin Settings and scroll through the list it'll be in there its called ProVb Blog Homepage settings or something like that.

Also this didn't work right on my forums (v 3.8.0.) it had the sidebar but not the main content and i tried it on the default template and still same thing happens, Anybody else having this problem??

newperson2008

To customize goto your admin cp and goto vBulletin Settings and scroll through the list it'll be in there its called ProVb Blog Homepage settings or something like that.

Also this didn't work right on my forums (v 3.8.0.) it had the sidebar but not the main content and i tried it on the default template and still same thing happens, Anybody else having this problem??

soulweaver

edit the template provb_blhome located in Blog-Like Homepage by ProvB.org template

Look for line

Code:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellpadding]" width="100%" border="0">
	<tr>
		<td valign="top">

and add what you want here under it.

devilinearth

it's not showing the number of posts in side bar...

screenshot added..pls help....

2n8ypdv.jpg

atis

anyone get this to work with 3.8.3?? I really want to use it but dont want to have problems with it either.