Axishost

webmasterbeta

Hello all,I saw Tina's web hosting offer on these forums and checked out the axishost website. According to the WHT uptime report, they've been around with a 99.8%-100% uptime consistently since 2005.Tina answered all of my questions with great satisfaction and I did a search on WHT for reviews and found nothing but excellent reviews.It seems to me that unless I can find a reason *not* to buy from them, I will be purchasing on the 1st.Now on to my question,I've only ever had unmanaged (only I have root) and semi-managed (the host and I share root). Tina explains to me that I can choose between unmanaged (only I have root) and fully managed (free - but I lose root access).Now, my server is planned to host development for a project and its accompanying website. In relation to development, the only reason I really need root for is to install libraries needed for development - such as mysql++. I am told by Tina that I would maintain WHM access and that I could request mysql root access while still maintaining full management.I like the sounds of their full management/monitoring. Tina, and the axishost website, makes it sound like they provide proactive (instead of reactive) management - which is excellent for their price.My question is, does anyone have experience with Axishost and their full management? Is it really proactive? Are they good at making sure that whatever you need installed gets installed? Do they follow security packages closely?I'd appreciate any other thoughts as well.Thanks,Jerry SmithNever heard of them. Where did you find all these good reviews?On Google, WHT, few other sites, and word of mouth.I asked this a few days ago and since then i've ordered service. So far, axishost has been completely great to me.I plan to post initial impressions about their service in a week or so and a full review will follow in a month or two.Never heard of them. Where did you find all these good reviews?

That's because your new to WHT. I always see Tina's posts around and she's an active member here.

I've not heard anything bad about Axis and the only reviews I've seen are good.As soon as i've been with them long enough to be considered credible, I'll be adding another good review to the search results :)That's because your new to WHT. I always see Tina's posts around and she's an active member here.

I've not heard anything bad about Axis and the only reviews I've seen are good.

I agree, I haven't seen any negative reviews about them, and for the personality of Tina, the profesionalism of her posts and the time they have been in business I would say they are a really good host.I have heard good reviews about them. Recently too i heard a good reviews about their company, though the person was leaving the company due to family reasons.really considering this company, is there any deals for wht members for their servers?really considering this company, is there any deals for wht members for their servers?
I'm guessing you'd have to ask them. :)Yes! There are deals going on right now! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=617267">http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=617267</a><!-- m --> the offer has actually expired BUT was just extended. The new terms, I believe, is pay 1 month, get 2nd month free. I highly recommend them. I love my service with them so far. Also, Unless you have a *definite* need for root access, i would opt for their fully managed service (free - but you sacrifice root access)Sometimes... more often than not... Root access is only needed to satisfy the inner ego that says "I am Root... hear me roar" (and crash the server lol).

Don't let Root be your decision maker unless you are willing to manage the "responsibility" (note that I didn't say the "server").

I am sure that if you search for Axishost here you will find good reviews mixed with minimal bad reviews (hey... can't satisfy everyone all the time right?)... I suggest you look at the professionalism of here posts here throughout the years.

Good luck!Sometimes... more often than not... Root access is only needed to satisfy the inner ego that says "I am Root... hear me roar" (and crash the server lol). Don't let Root be your decision maker unless you are willing to manage the "responsibility" (note that I didn't say the "server"). I am sure that if you search for Axishost here you will find good reviews mixed with minimal bad reviews (hey... can't satisfy everyone all the time right?)... I suggest you look at the professionalism of here posts here throughout the years. Good luck! exactly! Despite having the knowledge and experience to be root, I chose to let axishost fully manage my server and remove root powers from me because I did not feel the responsibility was managable in this case. I am making a game and managing my team. If I had to spend the day-to-day time and responsibility to manage the server, I wouldn't get near as much work done on the game. I can almost guarantee you that 99% of the time, you'll be fine letting axishost fully manage your server for free. They give you access to WHM as a giant reseller account and you can get shell access to the server if you desire. In those cases where something *needs* to be done by root, a support ticket will do the trick quickly and efficiently.