Are there any "Long-Term" Investors out there?

What do you think of GOOG? Did you know they intend to open up the Chinese Internet Market by merging or buying out their rivals in China? Did you know that large companies that place display ads on the internet are losing money, especially in todays market here in the USA? By GOOG opening up the entire Chinese Internet market, they can offer exclusive advertising rights to the thousands of companies that wish to place display ads on the GOOG sites to reach the millions of Chinese customers that is not available to them at the moment.<br />
<br />
Does anyone else agree with this, or do you think that I am wasting my money buy investing in GOOG right now? If you wish to burn the candle at both ends and you are a gambling sod, then invest in BIDU and a few other large Chinese Internet companies, now, that way when GOOG makes their play for these companies, you can reap the substantial financial rewards often associated with companies that are being bought out and if you play your cards right, you can stay one step ahead of GOOG, making a financial killing on these Chinese companies and when its all over and done with, then invest your profits into GOOG and watch the money roll in from the thousands of companies worldwide that will be placing their display ads on the Google Chinese Internet sites.<br />
<br />
Agree or disagree, that is the question!<br />
Something I would like to clarify here is that although I am an investor and a former gambler, I do not nor will I ever short a stock, I know this sounds crazy to other investors, but I don't like the theory behind doing this and because of this, I will not engage in this practice..<br />
<br />
My kind of stocks are the ones that I have researched, then purchased that day and I usually end up selling that stock within 2 to 3 hours after buying it, for a nice profit. With GOOG, I would sit on it, just like I would with BIDU, CN.<br />
<br />
In so far as the "stock market crashing", don't think so, might get really rocky but will not crash, not anytime soon. Try to keep a positive mental attitude people, it does wonders for the body and mind.<br />

CommonSense

GOOG is a great stock. It's price has one very well. The news that you report is already in the price.

Do I think you should "invest" in it right now. That depends on your current asset allocation model. Does it fit into it? You'd have to position size to reflect the volitility in the stock. Your stop would have to give it a large leeway..... which in turn increases the risk.

If you put 1%-2% of your portfolio into GOOG..... over the long term it may prove to be a great investment.