adult site submissions

dadit

Hello - I'm new to this forum. Can anyone shed some light on tricks to getting an adult website ranked appreciably in google? I run an adult website and can only get on the first or second page if I type in a specific string of keywords in the search bar. I had no problems getting my Hobby Shop ranked OK in google, but my DVD site is another story. thanksI'm guessing it's probably the frames on your site that does it, and maybe sessions too...Do you have any kind of stats script on your site (through Cpanel or whatever).You might want to think about getting hosting actually on your own domain and hosting space, and get your own shopping cart script together (such as osCommerce), rather than setting up a domain that forwards to a store hosted on somebody else's site.Your domain name does give pointers for search engines to pick out when people are searching (specifically the 'videos' part), but http://store.securehosting.com/stores/s ... ophome.php gives absolutely no indication as to what yoru site is about (which doesn't really matter as far as google itself is concerned outside of how high a position you rank in the listings).If access to the actual store files is controlled, and you're simply creating categories, adding products & page content through some kind of administration panel, then you won't have access to put into place some of the things that can help make session & dynamically driven sites more search-engine-friendly.The frames is the other big thing. Whilst search engines will usually look at the pages inside frames and iframes, often pages designed to go inside a frame don't have the <title> tag, which will usually prevent it from even going in the index, let alone getting a decent ranking.Let's take one of your categories as an example...WARNING - THIS URL CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL AND SHOULD NOT BE OPENED BY USERS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE!If I bring up the properties to get the URL for that page, and load that page full-screen in the browser, then view the source...There is no <title> tag on the page at all. No clue whatsoever with regards to the content so far. Internet Explorer just shows "itemlist.html" as the page's title. Google doesn't even see this much. There are no useful meta tags for any search engines in the page, and while this isn't as important with Google as it is with other SE's, Google will sometimes take them into account when it comes to positioning.Also, even if Google did manage to find these pages, it would load them up exactly as it does in the link above. It would not load them in the frame with all the nice neat category listings, etc.So, the fact that it's an adult site probably isn't your primary problem with Google, it's just the fact that it's not optimized for search engines at all really.Now, I'm as open minded as the next guy... especially when good looking naked ladies are involved But, if you'd like to discuss this a little more, please feel free to send me a pm here on the site, I'll give you my E-Mail address and we can chat a bit in private without distorting some of the more fragile young minds on here John - Thanks alot for your informative reply. I was actually trying to index my doorway page, and not the securehosting page which has the frames. I'm hoping that searches actually result in my doorway page (the non-frame page that shows the disclaimer and gives the option of entering or exiting) being shown instead of the actual store. This page does have all the meta tags intact, and is a single page.You are checking the site under the adult filter?You might also want to check against how competitive your keywords are. Chances are, that adult site keywords are already completely saturated, so it WILL be more difficult to get ranked than your hobby site. DVD is also a big keyword with hundreds of people going for top positions in rankings --- just rest assured there are at least 90 other people trying to get the positions you are. It's tough, so consider it an achievement already if you're ranking in the top 30.