Addthis / Sharethis Bookmark Integration 3.8.x

FoxyFLS

Loved the addition of bookmarks in vbulletin but hated the way they were placed at the bottom of the thread, each time I read a thread I immediately found myself scrolling to the top again. I tried moving the bookmarks to the top but didn't like the way they looked.

I came across AddThis - Social Bookmark & Feed Button Builder which allows you to add a handy piece of code to your website that allows you to bookmark a thread to any of the large bookmark sites, 34 different site's in total with out any mess or cluttering up the postbit area with tons of images. Plus addthis.com track all clicks and pages that have been submitted from your site. sharethis.com is a site that works exactly the same way.

AddThis and Sharethis is already on hundreds of thousands of websites including TIME Magazine, Oracle, TechCrunch, Freewebs, Entertainment Weekly, Topix, Lonely Planet, MySpace, PGA Tour, Tower Records, Squidoo, Zappos, FOX, ABC, CBS just to name a few and could be on your vbulletin forum within minutes!!

Demo click here then a thread to view demo

Quick and easy installation:
register an account at AddThis - Social Bookmark & Feed Button Builder and log in, once logged in click Get your button code! and scroll down to and choose from a number of different buttons and get your code.

in SHOWTHREAD
find:
HTML:
<td class="vbmenu_control" id="threadtools" nowrap="nowrap">

above add:

HTML:
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<td class="vbmenu_control" id="addthis" nowrap="nowrap">
ADD THE ADDTHIS or SHARETHIS CODE HERE
</td>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->

done!