Adding E-Commerce to Site Builder

webmasterbeta

I purchased Site Build It! because I thought it offered the option to set up an online store. It does not. I can upload my own HTML to add to the site. However, I don't know HTML.

I do know Photoshop, so I found some e-commerce templates that are available in PSD format, but - as I understand it - when I do the "save for web" option it saves the file in GIF format. But to upload that page to the site builder it has to be HTML format. How do I make this cross-over?

Also, one e-commerce template site said that uploading the HTML version to the site builder would erase the functionality of the store, disabling the shopping cart. I've sent in questions to the site builder support & they said that in theory it could work, but they really weren't sure.

So, I'm wondering about getting a refund for the Site Build It! program, buying an e-commerce template, customizing it in Photoshop & sending it to a PSD to HTML service. But, I'll still have to find a web host & try to transfer my domain.

This is all really overwhelming & I'm wondering about just using an all-in-one service that DOES include a shopping cart. Anywho, any help or advice on any of the above would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!I feel for you.

I recommend you go with a small managed hosting company that can listen and work with you to get your needs meet. The initial frustrations of building these kind of sites either require a large learning curve, but in whatever business you are in, it should be considered your secondary concern over your actual business. Let a professional handle this kind of setup and let yourself focus on the business at hand. Let the experts set you up a site like this so it's doesn't eat up dozens of hours of your time.I could've sworn this thread had answers in it. You're probably looking for someone to "slice" your PSD file into HTML&CSS and possibly help you integrate it with your shopping cart solution. I don't put my faith into all-in-ones unless they really specialize on that specific product, since you're probably better off getting a hosting account and setting up osCommerce or X-Cart.If you slice your tables Photoshop will generate html too, you may have to select it in the dropdown menu when saving though.