Adam Newton QA Exclusive Adam Newton QA Exclusive

we caught up with Adam Newton to discu s his career at length. In the interview we get his thoughts on Big Ron Manager, Darren Ferguson and his feelings on his entire time at Posh. Enjoy.THE POSH BLOG: You spent a sizable amount of your career to date at Posh and experienced the highs as well as the lows but what is your overall feeling about your time at Peterborough United?NEWTS: It was definitely a place where I began to feel at home, after living in the area for so long and getting to know people/fans, I enjoyed my football a lot more. But along with the highs and lows, it was good working with different characters of the yearsTHE POSH BLOG: You joined Peterborough in 2002 whilst the club was being managed by controversial figure, Barry Fry, what was it like working with Barry Fry as a manager?NEWTS: Working for Barry was a pleasure, definitely entertaining, but sooner or later his enthusiasm rubs off on you. As long as you worked hard for him he had no problems with you.THE POSH BLOG: In 2004-2005 you featured fairly regularly in a Peterborough United team that was relegated from League One. As a player is it hard to stay motivated at a time Rodney Hudson Jersey when a club is struggling or does it make you more determined to push your team up the table?NEWTS: Yes, it was hard when we were relegated, it wasnot a nice feeling, but it doesnt stop you going out there and making sure you dont embarra s yourself or the club. At times, when youre trying things and they dont come off or you dont get the luck, it gets you down through frustration, but as I said you dont intend to let anyone downNewton in action with Peterborough.THE POSH BLOG: The T.V series Big Ron Manager started filming the club in your time at Peterborough as well. What was that experience like. Did the cameras unsettle the players in what was a turbulent time at Posh or was the dre sing room atmosphere as poor as it was portrayed to be in the T.V series?NEWTS: It was a fairly unsettled year with a few changes happening, which in turn, caused a little unrest. Not that the camera disturbed or interfered but there were a few characters who played up to it. This caused a little tension and a small divide amongst the team. Obviously the way certain bits were edited made it look totally unsettled and a bit embarra singfor the club.THE POSH BLOG: Of course, Big Ron Manager was one of the reasons that Darragh MacAnthony came to the club and gave Rashard Lawrence Jersey it a new lease of life. When you saw the new talent coming to Peterborough, like Justin Murray Jersey George Boyd and Micah Hyde, were you optimistic about the future at Posh even before promotion from League Two?NEWTS: Yes definitely, with the new chairman, camea difference in how the club was run, one main factor being that the club could buy players. So instead of losing a good player to fund wages or keep the club afloat, the team had confidence that no-one had to leave. Then when Darren Ferguson arrived, he was very clear in what he wanted and expected and made sure we kept that standard throughout the season.THE POSH BLOG: You featured fairly regularly in that Posh side that gained promotion from League Two. Would you cla s that promotion as the highlight of your career to date or was the promotion you achieved at Brentford equally as special?NEWTS: Both. Any promotion is special, both in different ways, obviously with Brentford we were Champions, but the relief when you achieved what youve set out to do all season is a good feeling.Promotion is achieved with Brentford.THE POSH BLOG: During your time at Posh you worked under numerous managers but I suppose the one that Peterborough supporters would be most interested in hearing about is Darren Ferguson. What was it like working with Fergie and what was his management style like?NEWTS: Working with Fergie was good. You knew what he wanted and if you didnt do it youd James Conner Jersey know about it. He wanted a standard that he knew the team could achieve and wanted it maintained. He understood the players as well as he joined in most of the training himself, he had a good relationship with his players.THE POSH BLOG: You left Posh shortly after the team gained promotion to League One. Was it hard to leave the club in those circumstances or did you feel it was the right move in your career?NEWTS: Unfortunately when my time to leave Posh came it wasnt my choice, it was a political situation. Why would anyone whod been at a club for 6 years, get promoted and want to leave? It doesnt take a genius to work that one out. Yes, I was disappointed but these things happen in football. But I like to look at it as I left on a high with helping the team gain promotion.THE POSH BLOG: As previously mentioned, you joined Brentford after leaving Peterborough and gained promotion immediately. What was your short spell at The Bees like?NEWTS: My year at Brentford was good; the manager had similar traits to Darren Ferguson, so it was easy to know what he expected. Again i was fortunate to work with a good bunch of lads who wanted the same goal and again was happy to play my part in a succe sful season.THE POSH BLOG: Youre currently playing for Luton Town in the Blue Square Premier, with a host of former Peterborough players including Danny Crow and Claude Gnakpa. Is it nice having team-mates that you have already played with before at the club? And do you think Luton can get promoted this season?NEWTS: It makes it a little easier when an old team mate is at a club before you, but the other lads welcome you just as much. Mi sing out on promotion last year was hard to take but one to learn from. As a club and players we have our own expectation levels but Budda Baker Jersey also appreciate the difficulty in getting out of a tough league.Newton celebrates scoring for Luton.THE POSH BLOG: Finally, what was it like playing international football for Saint Kitts and Nevis? It must have been quite an experience!NEWTS: My experience playing for St.Kitts was an enjoyable one. I got to understand the level and attitude towards the game in their eyes. It wasnt what I was used to, but can appreciate it for what it is. It was a short experience as my club football was far more important, but a memorable one asI got the chance to represent the island where my family are from.Personally, I would like to thank Adam for participating with this and wish him good luck in the future.