a new hosting company

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking for a reliable hosting company that its own data center. Also they must provide Cpanel/RVSKIN reseller hosting, VPS and managed dedicated servers.

I found Hostdime and I am thinking to work with them. But I could not rely on them yet. The server uptime is the most important for me. I have searched it on WHT and other forums, too. But I saw good and bad reviews and could not decide...

Do you recommend Hostdime(you can write other recommendations)?USA or UK Datacentre ?USA or UK Datacentre ?

Thank you for your response. It must be on USA.Why does it matter that they own their own datacentre. A lot of companies rent suites/cages within datacentres and operate just as effective businesses.DanWhy does it matter that they own their own datacentre.

Because they are more reliable and professional and their companies never closed.I think there are not another company like Hostdime :)Because they are more reliable and professional and their companies never closed.

In that case, you will rule out IBM managed hosting as they do not own their own data center but rather, rent space (cages) in other data center (e.g. Equinix) :)In that case, you will rule out IBM managed hosting as they do not own their own data center but rather, rent space (cages) in other data center (e.g. Equinix) :)
Yeah.. HostDime is way better than IBM. :peace:Yeah.. HostDime is way better than IBM. :peace:*snorts*..."yeah"I would say that there would only be a few companies out there if being a reliable host meant you had to own your own data center.There are plenty of hosts that have been in the business years and are qualified providers with a very stable footing in the hosting business that do not own their own datacenter.Because they are more reliable and professional and their companies never closed.

So you're saying a company that own's their own datacentre is going to be more reliable ... and they're going to be more professional?

Sorry my friend you are very wrong. Owning a building means nothing.

DanBecause they are more reliable and professional and their companies never closed.

Have fun paying a premium for a company that owns its own datacenter. I know plenty of companies that own their own datacenter and are very unreliable, with all kinds of problems and systems failures. Owning their own datacenter does not make a company more reliable or professional, I would start looking at companies that own space in datacenters too if I were you, becuase like you said, reliability is important ;).

AlexThere are plenty of companies that've gone bankrupt because of all the datacenters which they've invested in. Sometimes its better for the sake of support to go through an individual who colocates (owns cages or cabinets) because they'll be able to spend more time with you than the DC. The DC has to manage all sorts of problems that come up with having thousands of servers running and, therefore, they may have limited time. There are many exceptions and good DCs out there, but you'll have to pay a premium for it. If you are willing to do that, then i'm sure any number of us can point you to DCs where we've had a positive experience for us and our clients.

I'd talk to support and ask about the various types of safeguards they have in place. A good company, in my opinon, is one that always keeps data backups, monitors the server frequently to prevent downtime, answers tickets/phones in a timely manner, and doesn't have a buisness model that entails overloading servers to increase profits.

Finally, a *good* company will also have a decent commit with the DCs that you're trying to gain access to. In consequence, going through that company may get you a better price while avoiding a sacrifice in quality.imho it's really important (or at least nice) for a host to have, if not their own dc, their own floor techs. Those who tend to make use of a colo dc's tech resources cannot guarantee the calibre of tech, loyalty and priorities.Some of the better hosts have techs who know each piece of kit like the palm of their hands and would go out of their way to put a solution online ship shape in record time and make sure that no machine stays offline for too long. Also, for the desk bound techs it's nice to work with a colleague on site rather than just some clueless monkey that found himself in some DC at 3 a.m. because he can tell a playstation from a nintendo.However, yes, owning a dc does not make a host clued up.n/a.