A managed dedicated server for my site

webmasterbeta

Hello !I've got a board (Invision Power Board). It is managed by a company which, probably, can't solve the problems my dedicated server is having.Here are a few information about my server and board :I now have a Dual Xeon 2.6 with 2 Gigabytes of ram.Disk usage : 1846.34 MegabytesSQL Disk usage : 3060.96 MegabytesBandwidth usage : can go up to 190 Gigabytes per month.The board url is : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://edp.ipbhost.comI'm">http://edp.ipbhost.comI'm</a><!-- m --> not able to manage a server. So I'm looking for a company which could :- host my board ;- transfer data on the new server ;- have the board work on it ;- take care of the server ;- make sure the server is protected agains hackers.knowing that the board is going to grow.Can someone help me ?Thank you !This is a fairly easy task, I take it as you're with IPB the server isn't dedicated to you and you share it with other people?How much have you got to spend?DanHello !It's a dedicated server for my board only - there are no other sites on the server.Nice board. Looks like you have nearly 17K members, 134 online right now, with 7 in Java chat ATM. You have the latest version of IPB (2.1.7) plus the blog, galley, and chat, etc. What you're looking for, if I understand correctly, is complete hosted management of dedicated server + forum and IPS components, including proactive security mesures? Is there anything else you need help with?This board is a lifetime project. But even if I'm learning everyday, it has become a site that must be managed by professionnals. I'm not capable of doing this.I've had many offers (through PM), all different !... I can choose now. :)Many offers through PMs? Nice to know everyone's following the rules and not abusing the PM system with spam. ;)This board is a lifetime project. But even if I'm learning everyday, it has become a site that must be managed by professionnals. I'm not capable of doing this.
I've had many offers (through PM), all different !... I can choose now. :)

What companies have made you offers?Well, they didn't spam. They sent an answer to my questions. It's different, I believe... :)Well, they didn't spam. They sent an answer to my questions. It's different, I believe... :)

they are not supposed to do that. Please share what companies have made you offers?The rules here are a little strange and backwards, but due to the number of members here, without them people would be flooded with PMs and replies.Unless my understanding is incorrect, basically if someone asks for something, the only way they will hear of a company is if someone who uses them replies. That does limit flooding and also gives more honest opinions, but it also means the big companies with many customers get heard of while smaller ones never do. That rule is magnifying the problem of small business competition. As said though, it is against the rules to PM you an offer.As for your question, we use PSM (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.platinumservermanagement.com">http://www.platinumservermanagement.com</a><!-- m -->) for management. I suggest contacting them to see if they want the job.Hello !PSM is very good it seems. I've tried their services, they are fast and efficient.Anyway they confirmed what my hosting company told me (that is to say : my server doesn't have enought RAM). On the other hand, I've not found services which suit me more than my hosting company does. So, in the end, I'm not changing company and I simply add RAM to my server.Thank you for your help and pieces of advice. :)Dude, 2GHz of RAM, with decent swap size (4GB) is already way good! well.. unless you're running win2k3...!My best advice? next time your provider recommends you to put more money in their pockets... ask around before, specially if you don't know much about it! ;)Your server is probably faster by now, but in no way optimized! ;)Cheers!Seb.Oh... and... I picked up a bit of French some times ago... so te gênes pas pour me faire signe si jamais tu as besoin d'une réponse honnête! Car honnêtement.. 'plus de RAM' était loin d'être *la* solution! ;) Content de voir que ton project fonctionne bien!Hello ! :)Yes, my board is doing well now, but I will have to learn quickly how to optimize the server otherwise I will lose a lot of money...Thank you ! :)