__call equivalent for public methods

salaklar

I have an API for interacting with my web app, defined by a class. Each publicly accessible method needs to have authentication done before running. Rather than putting the same line over and over in each method, I'd like to use the magic __call function. However, it will only work on private or protected methods, and mine need to be public in order to work with Zend_Json_Server.\[code\]class MY_Api{ public function __call($name, $arguments) { //code here that checks arguments for valid auth token and returns an error if false } public function myFunction($param1, $param2, $param3) { //do stuff when the user calls the myFunction and passes the parameters //this function must remain public so that Zend_Json_Server can parse it //but I want it intercepted by a magic method so that the authentication //can be checked and the system bails before it even gets to this function. }}\[/code\]Is it possible to hook into these public functions and possibly cancel their execution before they are called?